Question about white front digitizer

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by papagnoj, Nov 14, 2010.

1. papagnoj, Nov 14, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

papagnoj macrumors newbie

Ok so I finally got my white iphone put together, but unfortunately with my luck it slipped off the table and the front glass cracked. I was wondering if i should just buy this part? ( without the LCD http://www.wirelesspartsinc.com/iphone4gheadphoneflex-1-1.aspx)

or just buy a new assembly? (http://www.wirelesspartsinc.com/iphone4glcdscreendigitizerpre-assemblyblackcolor-1.aspx)

I didnt put the phone together by myself, so Ill be taking it to Ifixyouri to have it replaced. Just wondering how hard it is to take the LCD apart from the digitizer since it is glued to the LCD. Thanks for any input guys!

2. deeesea macrumors 6502

Does the LCD still work? or is the LCD dead as well? in which case you'll have to order the latter, though im not 100% on whether you can do a transfer from your current LCD to the new assembly.

Actually, did you order your parts from that site? It's got some VERY fair prices, do you mind taking some pics of your phone if it is from there? thanks!

3. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

from what I have read, the iPhone 4 display is glued to the front glass, and have heard that is a complete pain to get the display and everything set up again on the glass. I would say go with the already built together set for 112$ if they are legit.

4. papagnoj thread starter macrumors newbie

LCD works fine, i just really dont want to spend another 115 on the digitizer combo again. Is it really that hard to separate the lcd from the display glass?

ill get some pictures up soon, but the parts seem really good quality and they ship very fast.

5. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

It's nearly impossible to do without doing irreperable damage. It's the same lamination process they did with original iPhone front assembly. It would be a huge waste of your money to buy just the glass, because you're going to have to buy the whole assembly anyway.