Question about white spots during playback

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by vastoholic, Jul 7, 2010.

1. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I just received my DXG-A80V HD in the mail and had to play around to see the quality. It's pretty cheap ($280) so I wasn't expected the greatest anyway. But when I imported them to the mac and played them back, I found several little white specs, at first I freaked out because I thought my TV was started to have dead pixels but thankfully that's not the case. I'm not savvy with digital video as I've only gotten my feet wet with digital photography before. Is this a problem with the image sensor? I just wanted to know what to say the problem is if I decide to send it back. I've just shot a few in my room, I'm going to try some outdoor shots tomorrow and see if anything is different. I appreciate your help. The white pixels are stationary with respect to the screen.

[​IMG]

2. -DH macrumors 65816

Looks like dead pixels on the camera's image sensor. If it were specks of dust, the spots would be dark.

-DH

3. vastoholic thread starter macrumors 68000

vastoholic

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info. I'm wondering if I should even ask for a replacement because the HD quality is pretty crappy IMO. I think I'll just send it back and save up for a proper canon camcorder or something. They're getting fairly reasonable in price these days.