Question about wifi on my imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jlyanks85, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Now i'm having no problems with wifi on my imac or anything wireless, other than when my cable company has issues and things are down for a couple hours.

What I'm curious about is, my family pays for a 30mbps down/5up connection and I get pretty much in that range all the time on my imac, sometimes a will get a little better than 30 down but I'll always get no higher than 5 up no matter what.

Yet on my ipad on iphone, I'll get as high as 7-8 mbps upload, which doesn't make any sense.

Could there be any reason for this?

2. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I'm having the exact issue, but mine is reversed. My imac is getting 7-8 on he download, and everything else is my house is getting +25. Ive been researching for days and can't find a fix.

3. jeff4h macrumors newbie

there are some good videos on you tube about wifi problems with wifi problems on a mac

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

If this was an upgraded Mac to Lion then follow these steps:

1. Open SystemPreferences->Network tab and at the top is the 'Location pull-down.

2. Use the 'Location' pull-down to 'Edit Locations'.

3. In the pop-uo of 'Edit Locations' click on the + sign and type in a new Location name and save that.

4. In the Network tab connect to your wireless and click on the 'Apply' button to save the new Location.

Try this to see if it helps. Merry Christmas.