question about wireless mighty mouse warranty

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by aneftp, Aug 27, 2008.

1. aneftp macrumors 601

I think my wireless mighty mouse's scroll wheel is defective (can't scroll up), it scroll's down.

I purchased it along with my 24 inch iMac last December. Is it under a 1 year warranty or 90 day warranty. I am having a hard time googling the answer on apple's website.

Also, I have a 3 year Apple warranty on the iMac. Does the warranty apply to the wireless mouse/keyboard since I purchased it in the same package?

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try this before you talk to Apple about a replacement.

turn off Mighty Mouse and then roll the scroll ball up, down and 360 degrees really fast on a damp or dry piece of fabric or on a piece of paper.

3. StvRndy macrumors member

It won't help much. The dirts inside the scroll mechanism has gotten really thick. That is the reason why the scroll is not working. What will work is to clean the dirt from inside or buy a new mouse.

I really hope that Apple will update their mouse as soon as possible because the mighty mouse is just not usable. It is hard to get other mouse that would match Apple style.

4. aneftp thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks, I tried your trick and it works! I know this may be a stop gap measure. I will probably have to do it from time to time from now on.

The other question I have is since it is less than 1 year old, does Apple warranty 90 days or 12 months of it's peripherals? And does it matter if I got the AppleCare for my iMac (I purchased the wireless mouse with the iMac)

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

usually apple warranty is one year i think. and if you buy apple care i believe it's only the computer, it might be also for the peripherals, but not sure.