Question about yellow screen replacements

Discussion in 'iMac' started by thedon1, Aug 16, 2010.

1. thedon1 macrumors 6502

So i rang Apple about my yellow screen issue today. I had ordered online but asked them if i can swap it in store. They said no.

I pushed but they weren't having it. They arranged collection and said a new one would be with me early next week.

If my replacement also has yellow screen, what's the chances they would now let me replace in store?

How many people have actually successfully had their imacs replaced (not in store)?

2. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

Why do you wanna trek to an apple store with a big iMac when a man can come to your door and swap it for you?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Online Store ≠ Retail Store

It would take too much time to arrange everything and do the paperwork. Why didn't you buy it in-store then?

4. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

I wanted to go to the store because it's quicker than waiting for a replacement. I'm not without the computer for a few days.

I couldn't buy one from the shop initially because my mum paid for it and she wasn't able to come to the store.

5. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

you can ask to keep your this computer till you receive a replacement , they have done it for many people in past

6. dny731 macrumors newbie

I bought a stock machine online and swapped it in-store last week no problem. Yellow screen issue also.

7. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

If it happens again i will insist i want to swap it in store.

How was your replacement?

8. dny731 macrumors newbie

Still yellow in the lower right, not as bad as the previous one, but still not acceptable

9. thedon1 thread starter macrumors 6502

What are you going to do now?

10. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

Is this one of the new 2010 rev. B models?

The yellow tint is still there, right?

Figures. I was hoping this was already solved by Apple.
    I guess it would affect their profits to contract out a screen manufacturer who makers quality screens.

If people would stop buyin these defective screens, MAYBE Apple would bother to address this widespread problem.