Question after SSD Install

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CocoSS, May 23, 2012.

1. CocoSS macrumors member

I have installed an Intel 520 SSD in my MacbookPro 13' Early 2011. Since them I have noticed that my cpu stays at a high level of load ( 40 50 60 % ) altough i'm not doing anything special on it, just iTunes and Safari. I mention that before the SSD the CPU didn't jump over 20 %.

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

How long have you had it installed? Fire up Activity Monitor, select All Processes, and see what operations are using so much processor. If you *just installed the SSD, it could very well be Spotlight indexing your new drive.

3. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Fire up Activity Monitor from the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder.
    Select "All processes" from the drop-down menu at the top of the window.
    Sort the processes by "% CPU" in descending order.

Which processes are at the top?

4. CocoSS thread starter macrumors member

I see that iTunes and the Dropbox app are using most of it. I have my itunes library on my TC. Could this be the cause of loading ?

5. flatfoot macrumors 65816

How much CPU load percentage are those two taking up each? Is Dropbox syncing right now?
    Having your iTunes library on your TC shouldn't increase CPU load in my opinion, but I don't know for sure.

6. CocoSS thread starter macrumors member

Dropbox is not syncing. iTunes stay in about 2.5 usually but it has spikes of over 70 %. Any others ideeas ?