Question aout several iPads and Itunes

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bjmach, Mar 12, 2012.

1. bjmach macrumors 6502

Now that I gave my wife my iPad 2, daughter has my iPad 1 and me having the new iPad Friday. Can I start a new itunes account and link it to just my ipad and the both of them use the other account. They basically share the same music and apps. Only thing that I can think of that sucks is I will have to repurchase apps that we all use on my new account. Do any of you have seperate accounts for each iPad or basically share the same account amongst all your devices? Probably should mention that I'm also leaving for a year in July to the middle east and with synching and everything don't want my iPad getting flooded with their contacts, calendar etc. and vice versa.

2. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I'd stick with one iTunes account if you don't want to buy the same app more than once. (limit 5 devices).

You don't need to sync contacts between devices.

My wife and I have iPhones and I sync my contacts with my google account and she syncs hers with her google account.

3. bjmach thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought if I say make an update on my iMac it pushes it to all my iPads and iPhones etc. Does the five devices count an iMac? Right now that would be iMac, 3 iPads, iPhone and iPod touch

4. billhelm macrumors regular

We have a multitude of iOS devices in our family. We use the same account for all apps and all content and separate accounts for iCloud. It allows you to buy items once but not get sync crossed over across devices used by different people. I keep automatic downloads turned off on my wife's devices and manually add apps and music she'd want to them.

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I believe it's just iPads and iPhones.

----------

More than 5 iOS devices?

6. bjmach thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok thanks. Guess I should read up on configuring iCloud a bit more. Would be great to keep everything under one itunes account but not have everyones iCloud info syncing