question, app for recording keystrokes. Not a keylogger

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheGenerous, Jun 18, 2011.

1. TheGenerous, Jun 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

I have a book I want to read in my iPad. It has DRM and I can't read it on kobo for the iPad. It's a purchase from another site.

Can I record my keystrokes for a certain period of time?

I'd like to click on "next page" and then take a screenshot of the page, and do it for every single page of the book. Then I can have a lot of images to put on the iPad and read the book outside. I won't like doing it manually.

Thank you

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm going to ask the simplest question. Why not just buy it from the other site?

If I'm understanding what you're asking, you're basically looking to copy the book for reading it outside of the license terms, i.e., piracy.

4. Unami macrumors 6502a

if you bought it from amazon, there are ways to free your book without making a screenshot for every page. for screenshots, use automator, which comes with osx.

but you don't have to use the kobo reader if you want to read your book on an ipad - there are kindle, ibooks and adobe - drm capable apps. (called kindle reader, ibooks and bluefire reader).

5. TheGenerous thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

Thank you all for replying after many years.

The book was bought in 2011 and at that time I could only read it using my desktop computer (MacBook, Adobe Digital Editions). The book was $10USD and I wanted to read it on the iPad. Probably it was iOS3 that year and I was able to read any book purchased from the Kobo online store but unfortunately not the book of interest that I previously purchased for Adobe Digital Editions.

No piracy @maflynn, just a workaround like we all did a few years ago when you couldn't listen to an iTunes purchased song on a Sansa or Samsung music player.

Anyways, I probably have already read that book in 2011.

6. thinksomuch macrumors newbie

in amazon,there are ways to free your book without making a screenshot for every page. for screenshots, use automator, which comes with osx.thanks[​IMG]