Question: Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by adminaaah, Dec 18, 2013.

1. adminaaah macrumors member

Hi,

I'm having an issue with my iPhone 5. If i go the apple store and they replace my phone will it have ios 6 or 7?

2. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Most likely 7, I'd think, especially since you are most likely to get a refurb unit.

3. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

any chance that i could get a 6. ios 7 is killing my battery badly.

4. Bear macrumors G3

It might be an app, a setting or the phone that is bad. It may not be iOS 7.

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

You haven't told us what carrier and what model of iPhone 5 you have. Depending on carrier and model it's possible.

AT&T, Verizon and T-Mobile probably not possible, especially the 16/32GB models.
    Sprint, probably not possible unless you're looking for a 64GB model.

Sprint sells less iPhones than the other three. All four carriers sell less 64GB models than they do 16/32GB. When Apple sells less, it means the stock sits for a while. The longer it sits the greater the chance you have of getting what you want.

My wife's 64GB Sprint iPhone 5 sat on Apple's shelves for about nine months and consequently she got 6.0.3.

But you probably don't have Sprint and aren't probably looking for a 64GB model.

6. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

Well i have literally everything. I restored as new ios 7.0.4. App refresh is off. ALL Locations services are disabled. Mail is set to manual. LTE is off. Notification center only has mail, phone, messages, reminders, and calender. Stocks is off. Walpaper is default ios 7 static wallpaper. Bluetooth is off. Wifi ask for networks is also off. Basically everything is off. I charged it to 100 percent. Unplugged it left it over night and in the morning it was on 85%. :confused:

----------

Oh, i have T-Mobile USA. 16GB

----------

Would there be any other solution to my battery drain?

7. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Your battery probably just went bad. Take it to Apple, have them check it. The check is free and they won't do anything if you don't authorize to to do anything.

Your chances of getting iOS 6 are probably non-existant though.

9. adminaaah thread starter macrumors member

I have only had the phone for 4 months. Can the battery go bad that fast???

10. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Yes, it can. But if Apple checks it and it's NOT the battery then at least you know. And it's it's iOS 7 then Apple should fix it.

It's not battery related, but one user here the other day had his brand new 5s go bad on him the first hour or so he had it. So, yes, this is entirely possible.