Question| backing up iPhone and jailbreaking

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dvir971, Mar 16, 2011.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Few weeks ago I asked in this forum if when I will buy a new iPhone and sync all my games by using the "back up old device" option, I could continue playing my games exactly where I left off in the old device. The answer I got is yes. My questions are
    1. Will it work with games I haven't purchased from the app store and I installed in other way (of course both of the devices will be jailbroke).
    2. When I installed to a new iPad device games from the iPhone, some of them I could play exactly where u left off, and some I can't. Why is that?

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

This link should help you.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=983491&highlight=forum+rules

Read IV. Post 4

3. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

I havent really understood from that- all the warranty and these kind of things but my questions is very simple: if I back up a new iPhone from an old device (both is jailbroke), it will back up things like game savings (I mean I could keep playing from where I left off in the old device) even with games that I haven't installed with the AppStore but someway else? Or it will not recognize these apps or something like that?

4. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Piracy
    Piracy is not endorsed in MacRumors, it is against the Forum Rules to request help regarding piracy of Mac OS X or applications for the iPhone or iPod Touch. So please do not ask for such help as it will not be given.

5. dvir971, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

Ok, I just thought because the forum is called "hacks- iPhone hacks and jailbreaking" or something like that so I thought I can ask these kind of questions. I mean, about jailbreaking and hacks......

6. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Your confusion is understandable but jailbreaking is not piracy and recently was even ruled legal. Not paying for an application that is sold elsewhere is piracy which is why it is not endorsed by MacRumors.