iPhone Question before jailbreak my new iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Allblacks, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Allblacks macrumors newbie

Hi, I just bought an iPhone 6s and I was wondering, are really practical risk to jailbreak or not? like little bugs, lags, slowdown or other .. It'll just be for 2 or 3 tweaks that I think it's unfortunate that they are not available without jailbreak :)
    It's still new and I'm pretty satisfied with his response so I hesitate to do anything.

(Sorry for my english, i'm french :oops:)

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

for the most part, you should not have any problems jailbreaking. Just make sure that the tweaks you install are updated for ios 9 compatibility to reduce bugs or other software issues

Which tweaks are you looking to add?

Unfortunately, it seems that this jailbreak is probably the least stable that I've ever seen in the years I've been jailbreaking. (for more information, you can search up "boot loop of death" or BLOD for short)

3. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

Just from what I've seen of this jailbreak I'd agree with Darricksailo. I would personally recommend waiting till 9.1 is jail broken as it seems the 9.0 JB was rushed out.

4. Allblacks thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm looking to add tweaks like bioprotect for more security in my phone it's unfortunate to see we can't make password for our pics or messages without jailbreak

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Apple would argue that you can. Just use an app from the App store. ;)

But I get what you mean. :D

6. Allblacks thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't find any application that can do this in the app store :eek:, do you have an app to advise me ?

7. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just do a search for photo and lock.

The problem with third party apps is that you have to use them for your camera and photo storage to lock things down. Use the stock Photos app and you don't get that.

Why is why my statement was tongue-in-cheek.

8. Allblacks thread starter macrumors newbie

9. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Up to now I've not encountered lag / battery drain etc.

That said I choose not to use Winterboard and theme now.

I also only use specific tweaks and am careful to download those when I've seen conclusive proof that they are behaving well with iOS 9 and other tweaks I use.

Right now I'm only using RevealMenu.

Key is doing a little homework on the tweaks that interest you and not downloading loads of tweaks and not using shady repo's.

10. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

any issues will come from the actual tweak you install and how well it was done. The jb itself will not give you any issues.

11. Allblacks thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, it's good to know