question: bestbuy OOS for iPad3?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shyam09, Mar 19, 2012.

1. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

I probably will end up visting bestbuy after my finals are over, but i was just wondering if there is a reason for why all the stores in my location are telling me "not available" for the iPad 3?

It's obvious that it might be OOS (lol, i know that), but maybe it's because of no online ordering or something? The site does say "In store only" so i was just curious if this is why the site doesn't display inventory status?

I apologize for the lame question, i have a few GCs waiting to be burned, so I was just curious behind the reasoning, that's all :)

thanks for the help!

2. rworne macrumors 6502

Best Buy's online stock is not-quite real-time and has its faults. They may well have it in stock but the counts are so low and the sell rate so high that they do not want to risk selling one to a customer and then not having one in stock when a customer comes to pick up their product - this has happened to me on two occasions, the last being my "Game of Thrones" BD purchase. :mad:

The other reason is they want the high-demand items to be available in store for walk-in customers. Otherwise how would you feel waiting in line overnight for the iPad launch only to find out they sold all their stock online while you were waiting for the manager to unlock the front door?

So if you call the store will let you know the available stock.