Question bout ripping DVDs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Topher15, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Topher15 macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Once you've ripped the DVD, which file do you select as the source in HandBreak?

EDIT: See pic. It seems the video is split into 6 VTS/VOB file. Do you have to rip each of these manually the combine them after? There must be an easier way.

Attached Files:

2. conebbs macrumors newbie

conebbs

What programs does everyone like best to burn the VOB files to a watchable DVD? Are there any free ones out there?

3. Topher15 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Topher15

Might want to start your own thread since that question is different to mine.

To answer you question... just use iDVD to burn to a disc.

4. Kevster89 macrumors regular

Kevster89

Use the entire VIDEO_TS file. Don't just use one of the files within VIDEO_TS, as can be seen in the screenshot you included along with your post.

Just pull up VIDEO_TS in HandBrake, adjust any settings depending on your purpose for encoding (i.e. to watch it on you iTouch or iPhone), and you're good to go!

And no you dont have to manually encode all of those files under the VIDEO_TS file, just do VIDEO_TS as a whole

5. Topher15 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Topher15

That only works when encode directly from the disc. However when I rip to the computer (using MacTheRipper) then select the same file it states "No Valid Title Found". :confused:

Anyone else have this problem.