Question...(brink, unlocking, ect...) when i buy the iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lukeric101, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Lukeric101 macrumors newbie

hi i know this is old news and no one post stuff about unlocking iphones but im confused about something...

I have a iphone on att but i unlocked it to use it (kinda like a go-phone) while i was in brazil..

(butter than 2$ per minute on att's rates:eek:)

i have a family plan (2 ppl) wit 1500 sms and ima sell my iphone(haha i even had a 200$ profit bc its expensive here:D) but my mom is ganna keep her iphone...(she also unlocked hers to use im brazil)

(Questions)

When the 2.0 update comes out, will it brink her iphone? or will it just lock it again?

and to but the iPhone 3G, is it alright if i only bring the sim card or will i hav 2 brink my original iphone??

and will i have to make a whole new plan even tho ima only change 1 iPhone?

Thnks

2. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

First off huh? I barely understood a word of that. When did forums turn into teen text messaging? "Brink", "ima", "thgis", "butter", "ppl", "bc" (I am assuming that you meant Boston College there), "ganna", "im", "hav", "tho"
    Please just use regular grammar and spelling, it is easier to read and the reader won't get a migraine attempting to find out what you meant.

But from what I did understand from your post, nobody really knows if 2.0 will brick your phone, there is a good chance that it will if it is unlocked and you just try an upgrade. As to bringing your phone, you should bring the whole phone, why wouldn't you, there isn't any main reason as to why you shouldn't if it isn't unlocked. And you will most likely have to renew your contract and sign up for 3G data, as there is a difference in price from the EDGE plan.

3. Lukeric101 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha sorry for the spelling and the confusion...(guess you can tell i'm a new at this)
    and thanks:)
    but i cant bring the phone because i am going to sell it here in brazil, i read in another post that to upgrade to the iPhone 3G, you would just need to change the model number or something like that on your att account to the one on the new phone.
    do you think they would have to see or change something on the old one?

thnks:D.... again

Edit: and ganna is a word :D

4. Pim macrumors member

Pim

No is isn't. 'Ganna' actually is supposed to be 'gonna', which actually is supposed to be 'going to'. :rolleyes:

5. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

google search:
    Ganna is a village in Veszprém county, Hungary.

so it is a word, just not an english one, nor did he use it in the right context.
    :D

6. Pim macrumors member

Pim

Does that count as a real word? Isn't it just a name then?

7. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

its a proper noun.
    so it is a word.