Question-buying hi-res MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrsirboss, May 19, 2010.

1. mrsirboss macrumors newbie

Sorry if the question has been already asked, couldn't find..
    I am wondering if it is possible to pick a high-resolution version of the MBP in the store or do I actually have to order it online?

2. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

The only hi-res model they carry in store is the 15" i7 machine (most expensive 15" model.)

3. LedCop macrumors regular

LedCop

SOME Apple Stores do stock the hi-res model but as MBHockey has mentioned, it will be the highest end one. Also, it seems to be only anti-glare.

4. Gobbi macrumors newbie

Hi. I've small question, to mbp 15" base model with HR screen owners. How games run on this displays? For example, is CoD Mw2(or BF BC2) in native resolution runs smooth?

PS. Sorry for my bad english ;]

5. LSXL macrumors newbie

Tried COD MW2 on my 2.4 i5 and friends 2.66 i7 (both Hi-Resolution Anti-Glare). I don't play any games under native resolution, but with low-mid specs though. Runs fairly nice on both machines I think. I also play C&C3 and noticed that i7 with 512 MB of VRam had the advantage to set almost everything to Ultra-High except antialiasing and some shadowing effects, while i5 with 256 MB of VRam is on High settings except for no antialiasing and lower shadowing effects. When you nuke a base with NOD's missile though, both computers experience a draw lag during the explosion mushroom effect. Also I played Portal with high settings - looks beautiful without any lag on my 2.4 i5.

As a side note, there is a lot of screaming and bashing about i7 overheating and such, but my friends i7 is running cooler on games than my i5, so I'm really looking into opening my machine and checking the thermal paste situation.

6. Gobbi macrumors newbie

7. unamused macrumors 6502

do any 3rd party vendors sell the 15" hi res i7?

im trying to avoid tax