Question | Buying iPad 2 32GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dvir971, Apr 14, 2012.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Does the apple stores still sell new iPad 2 32gb or as in the website only the 16gb?
    If they don't , what reliable store in Orlando I could buy iPad 2 32gb in? Will it be the same as the models sold a year ago or it will be unsupported in a lot of things?
    Or I'll just need to buy The New iPad? What do you think ? I need to buy 2 and it has to be more than 16gb...

2. andrewnguyener macrumors member

I live in Orlando, in the UCF area. The Target in Waterford Lakes had one the last time I checked. Just one iPad 2 32GB though. So unless you buy them used on Craigslist or eBay, I don't think you can find them new in stores or at Apple anymore. You could buy them as refurbs on Apple.

3. dvir971 thread starter macrumors regular

dvir971

What is that?

4. Dkorda macrumors 6502

Dude don't waste your time on an iPad 2, get the new one.. They're way better, faster too.

5. andrewnguyener macrumors member

Refurbished. They are like new iPads sold by Apple. Here's the link:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

I agree with this person. The 3 is worth the money. They aren't "faster" though.

6. coolmacoz macrumors newbie

No, iPad2 32GB is no longer available. But iPad2 16GB (both 3G & Wi-Fi) are still available.
    Yes, I agree, you should get the new iPad as it's much better.

7. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Some stores may still have stock of sizes larger then 16gb. Most Apple stores donor. Either hunt or a refurb from Apple

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

Do tell.

I set both the iPad 2 and iPad 3 on the ground so they could race and neither one of them moved at all, not even a little bit. After you claiming the iPad 3 to be faster I was thoroughly disappointed. Given that, I would have to disagree with you and say the the iPad 2 and iPad 3 are the same speed.

9. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

You're doing it wrong. They're submersible vehicles. Put them both in water and see which sinks faster - pretty sure you'll find iPad 3 does...;)

10. Dkorda macrumors 6502

The processor is faster on iPad 3. Screen kicks ass too.

11. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

That is wrong... it's the same processor with a quad core gpu built into the chip but the processor itself is the exact same A5 as the iPad 2. The quad core gpu is needed to run the higher resolution of the retina display. If you want/need to save a few bucks and don't really care about having the highest resolution on a tablet get the iPad 2. It's a very capable machine and gives any of the current gen tablets a run for it's money.

But what the iPad gen 3 has over the 2 is 1gb RAM (vs 512mb) retina display, and subsequently quad core gpu on chip, LTE too if you choose a mobile data enabled device. But otherwise it's essentially the same machine and I could be happy owning either even though I upgraded to the 3rd gen model.

That said.. Have you tried amazon or best buy? I'm sure they still have iPad 2 stock laying around they need to get rid of...

12. brand macrumors 601

brand

Saying it doesn't make it true.