Question: Can I reuse a PS Crystal Clear screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by TL24, Dec 10, 2011.

1. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Trying to get my 4S replaced (yellow screen + low contrast) and I was wondering if I could just take off the screen protector and apply it directly my new 4S?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

It can be done, but if you can do it without a thousand specks of dust attaching themselves to the back side of the film, you're a better person than I.

3. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Yep, I tried it once. As soon as you take it off every single piece of dust within a 40 foot radius will immediately stick to your protector. I've tried to do it in the most dust free environments where we build computers at school, but nope. The dust will find you.

4. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

If you know somebody with a dust allergy go to their place, it can't really get anymore dustfree than that.

5. TL24 thread starter macrumors 6502a

TL24

6. Akarin macrumors 6502

Akarin

Tried it also... and aside from the dust that immediately stuck, small animals in the vicinity did too. The backside is like a crap-magnet ;)

7. Sankersizzle macrumors 6502a

Sankersizzle

Haha yep. I tried in vacuum lab at school where we go to tinker with hardware. It's got a big flap where we go to put on anti static/dust suit and then go into the room. I ended up with one dust particle RIGHT in the middle of the screen. After that I figured it wasn't worth the hassle and would just buy a new one.

I once sneezed while applying a screen protector. I didn't notice there was anything wrong until I put it on my friends phone and noticed boogies sandwiched onto the phone...

8. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

It is quite easy to get them dust free:

remove the protector and stick the adhesive site to a large piece of scoth clear tape. All the dust stays in the tape and the protector comes out clean as new. This is how I store screen protectors when I remove them to try something else and never had a problem with dust.