Question: Can I use my fiancee's iPhone?

ZPAMG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I ordered from Premier 3 weeks ago. Still in progress mode. She ordered from ATT on Sunday and it will be here tomorrow. She does not want it, and want's to keep her blackberry. It is coming directly to the house.

My question is, can I activate it under my account? Or is it tied directly to her and we have to return it. We both have Blackberrys with ATT.

Thanks!

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
You just have to call AT&T and read them the IMEI number. She has to do the same for her blackberry to get the iPhone plan off. My fiancée gave her 3GS to my cousin and that's what they had to do.

mrathee

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2010
You just have to call AT&T and read them the IMEI number. She has to do the same for her blackberry to get the iPhone plan off. My fiancée gave her 3GS to my cousin and that's what they had to do.
Same experience here. Shouldnt be an issue - took 15 minutes for me.

ZPAMG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Thanks guys, say my order shows up? Do I just return it or am I able to keep it for her if I can get her to change her mind (Facetime)

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
As mentioned by poster above, call AT&T to switch your phone. You may want your wife to switch to her old phone, first. Your wife will need a new sim card for her old phone if she is switching back to the Blackberry, or a card adapter may be used for the mini sim to fit. Just tell AT&T to make the changes.

When her iPhone 4 is no longer tied to her account, you may need a new mini sim card to put in it and call AT&T to activate/switch to your new phone.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4

ZPAMG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
As mentioned by poster above, call AT&T to switch your phone. You may want your wife to switch to her old phone, first. Your wife will need a new sim card for her old phone if she is switching back to the Blackberry, or a card adapter may be used for the mini sim to fit. Just tell AT&T to make the changes.

When her iPhone 4 is no longer tied to her account, you may need a new mini sim card to put in it and call AT&T to activate/switch to your new phone.

-C

Sent from my iPhone 4
Well her phone isn't activated yet (iphone). She is still using her blackberry. She doesn't want to activate it. She just wants me to take it. So she will not have to do anything with her sim...correct?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.