Question | Charging the iPhone through the night

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dvir971, Apr 21, 2013.

1. dvir971 macrumors regular

dvir971

Hi! I have a question!
    What is more healthy for the iPhone:
    - charging the device until it gets 100% percent, and than disconnect it for the charger and let it rest through the night
    - Charging the device, and keep it connected through the night even after it passed 100%

What is better?

2. firegirl2002 macrumors newbie

I don't really know but I charge when ever it's bellow 20% any time I could get to a charger I plug it up.

3. Mrbobb macrumors 601

One school of thought says if it's at 100%, go ahead and unplug it, UNLESS you have to set your alarm to wake for the task then furgitaboutit. ;)

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It stops charging when it hits 100%. I leave it on the charger all night because I use it as a nightstand clock/alarm. My battery life has been just fine to really good so if battery life is what you're worried about I think any impact is minimal.

Sounds kind of like the old discussion of leaving your computer on all the time versus turning it on/shutting it down at need (I'm the former, I leave them on).

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

I leave my phone on charge, always have. The laptop sleeps under my bed with the dust bunnies.