Question concerning the MBA's 1440x900 display

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Massa, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Massa macrumors member

Massa

I was looking into purchasing an ultra portable laptop and heard that the MBA just got refreshed with haswell chips. Basically, I was wondering if the resolution would be an issue. I have been using 2560+ res monitors for a couple of years now and I can comfortably say that I've gotten used to the crisp/vivid/clear aspects of these screens. Do you think that the MBAs screen will really show how bad the res is even at a screen size that small? Should I wait for the rMBA refresh to get one those instead? What do you guys think? :)

- Massa

2. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

The 13" MBA has a higher res than the 11" one. I think what you need to do is either find someone with a 13" MBA or go to the Apple Store or even Best Buy where you can try it and see for yourself.

3. Yixian macrumors 65816

It's higher res than my old MacBook Pro which looks blocky as hell now, but if you're coming from a retina this one probably looks like that too.

4. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Don't think so..
    The 11'' has around 10ppi more than the 13''. But that's inessential.

5. Ztormie macrumors regular

He is right though, the 13" has higher resolution, but lower ppi than the 11".

6. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

Ahh, my mistake! Thought he was talking about ppi :)

7. PDFierro macrumors 68040

You will be waiting a long time for a rMBA. The rMBP screen is of course leagues better than the Haswell MBA, but that's no slouch either.

Do you have an Apple store near you? Some people can deal with the MBA screen, and some can't. It would really be a personal preference for you.

The 13-inch rMBP is really portable, have you taken a look at that or are you looking for cheaper cost/Haswell?

I don't think there is a difference in the screen quality on those monitors you mentioned and the MBA. But of course a Retina display is going to be the most clear.

8. Massa thread starter macrumors member

Massa

I agree it might be best to drop by a store and check for myself. Thanks for the help guys.

- Massa