Question concerning US Apple Retail Store

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yue Wang, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Yue Wang macrumors newbie

Hi, I plan to buy a mbp in the US (maybe in Pennsylvania).
    I am not sure about the promotion policy so I have a few questions:

- I am a university student and have a student id card. Can I enjoy the student discount policy at Apple Retail Store? (I know I can when shopping at the Online Store, not sure about the Retail Store).

- Before 7/20, if I buy a Mac with student discount, a $99.5 printer, a 8GB iPod touch at the same time at Apple Retain Store, and later ask for a rebate at apple promotion site, can I have both printer and iPod touch refunded? (I mean both!)

Thanks.

2. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Just do it online .. That's my suggestion. Beyond that, why not call and ask?

I know for a fact many promotions and offers are available online only, so that would be my guess.

3. Yue Wang thread starter macrumors newbie

Since I am not in the US now... I want to make sure that@@

4. ankit macrumors member

Yes and yes. You should be able to get student discount in a retail store. And both rebates are valid.

However, this assumes you are a student in a US university. Not sure if this applies to non-US students when buying in the US. Also, remember that you need a US address to get the rebates.

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Yes, you can get a discount at an Apple Store, government, student, or otherwise.

I know you can request a printer rebate at the store, as I was offered that deal when I bought my Mac using the U.S. Army discount. I also know that you can get an 8GB iPod Touch and a printer at the same time.

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Since you are not from the US, I don't know if you qualify. Apple needs some kind of address to ship your rebates to(and I'm pretty sure it has to be in the US).

But to answer you question, yes, you can take advantage of the back to school promotion in store.

7. She macrumors member

Yes and yes. I did this at the store last weekend. Keep in mind however that the store may not have the printer you want in stock. I wanted the Canon wireless printer but they did not have it. I asked if they could pay for it with the rest of my stuff and have it ordered & delivered to my house (Nordstrom, and many other retailers do this) however they said no and I had to order online if I wanted to do this. In the end I just settled for an HP printer they had in stock

8. iGary Guest

iGary

Looks like no. (You don't live in the U.S., correct?)

9. Yue Wang thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks a lot!

Well, I have a id card of a us university:)