Question - Confusion about app purchases that I have made with Iphone, now ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scrapple, Apr 22, 2010.

1. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

Ok, just wanted to clarify something. Ill do an example..

example:

I have an iphone, I purchased Doodle Jump back in January on it for 99 cents through the iphones app store (on the actual iphone itself). I have my iphone synced to a imac. Now, I deployed overseas with a company Dell laptop, and just got my ipad in the mail, I have been buying apps through Itunes on this laptop in preparation of getting the ipad, so i have like 30 apps (I am logged into the same account name on this laptop that I have always bought stuff with on my iphone). Ok, now I get my ipad, and sync it up and authorize it for this pc and all the apps that I downloaded on this dell come through just fine.

Now, here is my dilemma. I want to see if I can get doodle jump on this ipad. Its 99 cents. If I click buy in itunes or on my ipad, will it realize that I have bought it before on my iphone or will it make me buy it again since I am on a new device, and I have never backed up doodle jump on this dell.

Anyone?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

As long as your signed in with the same account then yes you will get the previously purchased message.

3. scrapple thread starter macrumors regular

scrapple

ok, tried it.... and it said "this update is free because you purchased a previous version" or something similar to that...

phew, thanks gav2k!!!

you saved me 99cents =)

4. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Once you buy an app it is yours. iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad it is still the same one purchase. :)

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Also note you can basically authorize up to 5 machines, your iMac being one and your Dell being the other.