Question | Downgrade & Restore...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by danielshaal, Dec 9, 2010.

1. danielshaal macrumors newbie

hey, first of all i want to apologize on my poor english grammer :).

it's been a day with planty of experiments to downgrade my iphone 4 ios 4.1
    to ios 4.0.2 because i want to "carrier unlock" it.
    after i saved my blobs, and getting into DFU mode, i need to press "start TSS server", right ?
    when i'm doing this it's just keep showing me "accepting tss "something"" and nothing else happend, i waited roughly 2 hours.
    and when i'm getting into cydia, i see that it writes me "this device has a pending TSS request" :confused:

now, i'm not an expert but i think this is my problem :)
    any ideas ?

and to the second question, if i want to restore my device to factory setting witout updating my ios to 4.2.
    how do i do it ?

thanks from advance for all helpers!!!
    daniel.

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You can't downgrade from 4.1 to 4.0.2 without the shsh saved. After you manage to downgrade, you still won't be able to unlock because the baseband will still remain the same.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly what my friend said above.
    Without shsh's you cannot downgrade an iphone 4.
    And even if you had saved shsh's downgrading only downgrades the firmware and not the baseband so you're stuck without beeing able to unlock it for now.
    All you can do is sit and wait for a new unlock to be released.

4. danielshaal thread starter macrumors newbie

OK :)

and what about the other question, can i restore to factory setting without update my firmware ?

5. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Without saved old SHSH files, you can only restore to what Apple is currently allowing, now 4.2.1 only. And, it doesn't matter what firmware is currently running on the phone.

6. dave22r macrumors member

maybe i'm wrong... you can restore it if you save shsh first and do an alt/option click on restore on itunes with tss going and changing your server in hosts? i've been wrong before though!

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

You're absolutely correct as long as you have the shsh blobs saved for the said iOS version.

8. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

In a way, that's what I said. From me, in short, NO to SHSH files saved means you can only restore to 4.2.1. From you, YES to SHSH files saved, you can restore to an older firmware. Same difference. ;)