Question, Elite Force II

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by unity, Feb 3, 2008.

1. unity macrumors 6502a

I am by no means a big gamer, I never had a system that could do anything decent. I played plenty of Myth TFL and Sim City though! lol

I am in search of Star Trek Elite Force II. I have a new Mac and want to give some games a try.

Why the heck is it hard to find? Its not even on the Aspyr site. Is the game no longer in print? I see it on Amazon. Is the game really worth the $100+ price tag?

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

wha?

new pc games go for $50..and that game is olddddddd

prob worth $5

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

4. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

I've had the game since 2002. I'm not sure how it will work on Intel systems though since it's not a universal binary. Nobody is selling it on eBay.

5. unity thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought there was a UB update for Elite Force II. Oh well. If its not carbon or UB then there is no way I can play anyway.

As for the age of the game, no matter to to me. It will be a upgrade compared to games I usually play.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

7. unity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Then it must be a carbon app. Thats good. Thanks for the link, that will help a lot. :)

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

It's a PPC installer that does not need classic.

9. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

I played Elite Force II on my Mac Pro, it ran decently with a 7300 GT. By decently I mean max resolution and I had all the options turned up. ;)

10. unity thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats the definition of a carbon app. :)

11. Malarkey macrumors newbie

Malarkey

I just installed Elite Force II on my Intel iMac

I've had this game laying around for a couple years and I've never played it. I originally bought it -- on eBay -- for my G5. I assumed it would never work on the Intel machines until I started going through my collection of old games to see which ones still work. There's a little glitch with the Aspyr logo appearing behind the game window, but otherwise it's flawless. I'm surprised at how good Elite Force II looks after all this time!

12. voyagerd macrumors 65816

voyagerd

Even Elite Force 1 works on Intel Macs with the carbon patch.

13. torchwood04 macrumors regular

Plus EF1's Holomatch has a Universal Binary..

BTW, EF2 even worked on my former Intel mac mini with a GMA 950... I got decent framerates, though all of the options were turned down...

14. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

I would have suggested the game trading site Goozex, but there are more people requesting than are available.

On eBay I found several listings, many with ridiculous pricing, but a new listing is just up here.

Also, since the game came out in 2003 for the PC, I am thinking it is unlikely you've had it since 2002 ... :p

15. torchwood04 macrumors regular

Note that the new listing, the seller is not sure if the game even works, as the disc has scratches on it...