iPad Pro Question for 12.9 and pencil users & sceen protection

Discussion in 'iPad' started by 2macORnot2mac, Apr 3, 2016.

1. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Those that have been using the pencil for a few months and no screen protection. Have you seen any scratches?
    I just got the 9.7 and thinking about not using screen protection. I plan on using the Apple Pencil a lot for notes.
    I haven't had one my phone for a few years, and so far so good.
    Plus, these iPads loose value a lot more than one would hope, so might as well enjoy it.

2. jamesrick80, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016

jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

I have never used screen protection on any ipad and never seen a scratch on any of them either. I have had the iPad pro 12.9 since it's release and the apple pencil. I have no scratches at all. Just have a good case....

3. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

4. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

launch day pro with pencil i got 10 days after. use the pencil mostly for pointing, dragging, clicking and music production. no scratches.

i have been through two tips already (i have spares so im golden). keeping the tip clean of debris and keeping the screen free from loose debris will keep scratches from occurring.

5. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    I have yet to see an iPP with any damage at all...
    But I myself have a Zagg HD Glass screen protector as I am a firm believer in Murphy's Law... Even though I have yet to scratch an iPad, I don't trust that eventually it will happen... but much less likely with a protector. Also the protectors do not interfere with the Pencil at all. I know this isn't the question you asked but, I thought i'd still give my 2 cents.

Kal.

6. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Launch day iPP 12.9 with pencil. And have no scratches on mine.

7. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

I use a generic glass screen protector on mine. I was not so much worried about the pencil, although I do use it all the time, but I got a crazy scratch on my ipad 2 and ever since then I have used one on my ipads and iphones.

8. 2macORnot2mac thread starter macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

9. giepfuo macrumors newbie