Question for 24" Apple Cinema Display owners ??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Z06jerry, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Z06jerry macrumors regular

I am considering purchasing a 24" Apple Cinema Display to use with my MBP to replace my 24" Dell mainly so I can get the built-in iSight & speakers. When I went to BB to check it out I noticed I could feel warm air venting out of the bottom of the ACD onto my hands while I was using the keyboard. I'm thinking this might be a bit annoying in regular use. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it because they probably have the brightness cranked all the way up? Comments?

2. kraftzwerg macrumors regular

Yes, I notice this with mine as well, but only if the brightness is cranked up, the room is very warm, and I sit very close to the display (so that the hands are almost underneath it. It also depends on whether the MacBook is charging or not I believe.

Anyway, it's not much of a concern for me, since I notice it only very rarely and even then it is not annoying.

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

Wirelessly posted (BB 8900: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

I keep my brightness at around half, maybe a little more, and I've never noticed fans.

4. pnyc macrumors 6502

My hands are around 20-25 inches from the screen and I usually have the brightness set to half plus 1-2 dots and I have never felt the warm air on my hands.

5. glhiii macrumors regular

I am very happy with the ADC monitor -- haven't ever noticed any heat issues.

6. khakilad macrumors member

I sit at a desk with the monitor about 10 cm from my hands and can honestly say I have never felt the fans.