Question for 3GS users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rsrchr123, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Rsrchr123 macrumors regular

I'm curious for 3GS users who did not do the upgrade to iOS4, what is your battery life like? Can you get through the day with heavy web usage (not video)?

2. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I updated to iOS4 and I have seen a better performance on my 3GS both with apps, battery, and all day usage. I can get a full day charge with TXT, personal email, work emails, and web browsing and a game of UNo here and there.

I was curious myself and then I took the plunge and I really like how it made my 3GS react.

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I was going to hold out on updating to iOS4, but my Spirit jailbroken 3GS went loopy on me a week ago, so I just decided to go ahead and update to the new OS.

My experience is that my battery life isn't as good with iOS4, but it's not horrible either. It's acceptable...how's that? :D

I've actually been impressed with iOS4, to tell you the truth. I do miss some of my jailbroken apps like LockInfo and SBSettings, but I'm sure I'll jailbreak again when it's released for the new OS. I like the folders that Apple has implemented and the multitasking, while not being perfect, is a nice addition.

Overall, I'm happy with iOS4.

4. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I had a 32GB 3GS that I upgraded and the battery life seemed a bit worse than when it was on 3.1.3. It still made it through the day but I hated that it didn't last as long as before so I sold it.

I bought a new 8GB 3GS that has incredible battery life now. Sometimes I can get through two days on it. I've had this one a full week now.