Question for All 2nd-Gen touch users with cases

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by Dudeman486, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Dudeman486 macrumors member

Does your case muffle or in any way reduce the loudness and/or quality of the internal speaker?

Since there are no dedicated holes on the touch to allow sound to come through, it must come either through the dock connector, or just reverberate through the backing.

If the speaker works in the latter fashion, I think that a silicone skin or BodyGuardz/InvisibleShield type case would prevent vibration and muffle the speaker. And a leather/hard case would do the same, because there would be more material blocking the sound.

Has anyone experienced this, or is it a superfluous worry?

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Nope. The sound mostly comes out of the dock connector and headphone jack, and if your case covers that up you've got bigger problems! :D

3. bildio macrumors regular

I use the DLO leather folio hip case. 2g sounds the same with and without the case.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't own the 2G but I do know that unless it's absorbing the vibrations, you shouldn't have a problem. If the material is solid and strong enough (like metal) you shouldn't have a problem. Silicone isn't rigid and is very flexible. Leather as well.

5. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

The speaker sounds the same with or without the case.

6. wpwj40e macrumors regular

Have the belkin - it may be my mind playing tricks - or the power of suggestion - but I think it is ever so slightly softer. But if you had not asked and I went and listened closely - might not have known it.