Question for all iPod owners/users.....

manifest116

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
I'm very interested in buying an iPod, but I want to make sure I have a good case for it. I'm trying to decide between two different ones:

http://marware.com/iPODsleeve.html

http://www.xtrememac.com/products/case_details.html

I'm leaning toward the first one, even though the second does look nicer. The second one has that flap, and so when I'm choosing songs, I'll be having to hold that flap up, if I want to keep it in the case. Also, I don't understand the whole seperate case for the headphones... does anyone have any ideas? I like the first one because it's simple and looks easy to use. Also, for those of you who have an iPod, after owning it, would you rather have a case that it stays in like the 2nd, or a case that you take it out of, like the 1st? Thanks for all the help!

sweetaction

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2001
seattle, wa
no need

Dont worry about it. Mine fell out of my hands in the driveway, aside from a couple scratches it perfect. Cases are lame, do you put your cell phone on a belt holster? Yuck.

AHeaheah sorry. Do whatever you want.

M

macquariumguy

I have an iPod & carry it to work every day. Until now, I've kept it in my shirt pocket all day while I listen to it. I don't have a case for it.

Now, I looked at both those cases and don't see either as just what I would want. I want a case that hangs the iPod upside down from my belt so that when I look down at it, it'll be rightside up. I want a case that leaves the display and controls accessible without opening a flap or pulling it out of the case.

For me, it's just keep looking. In the meantime it works rather well in my shirt pocket during the week and my robe pocket early/late and on weekends.

bogiesan

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2001
One word; leather

Dude, neoprene is for surfers, road bikers, and kayaks. Leather smells good and ages with grace.

david

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
J R Hill

http://www.jrhillandcompany.com/

This is the one I have. I like it because the jog dial and buttons are all exposed--I don't have to take it out all the time.

They make 2. I have the deluxe and like it. It is not as pretty with it on, but at least I can wear it at the gym.

And no, I have never put my cell phone in a case.

CJM

manifest116

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2002
so if i were to be more active, i should get the neoprene one? im not gonna use it for jogging or anything but i want something that will protect it but will still be able to use easily... ill mostly just be chillin with it i guess, i just want to make sure it doesnt get messed up. also, on the ipod where you access all the songs by one artist, after it plays one, will it start playing the next?

-=AsukA=-

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2002
Yo man check this sweet site out:

http://www.theipodlooksfinethewayitisdontbuyacoverithidesitsbeauty.com

I hear they have a sale on HOT pink lepard skin thongs to! <----- And hay you cant beat the free ground shipping!

No? well you decide, after all its your money, unless you want to give it to me of course! i freely accept food and cloathing donations, mostly from friends and family, but hay for you ill make an exception!

;-) Catch you on the flip side!

[Edited by -=AsukA=- on 01-08-2002 at 01:46 AM]

chmorley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2002
Denver, CO
Case

It will play the next one for the same artist. Also, there is a switch at the top that, when thrown, will keep the buttons from changing songs or volumes or anything. So even though the buttons are exposed, it won't change songs.

I took the case off today, just to see...

My one complaint was that it was actually a pain in the ass to take it off. For running, though, I definitely prefer the clip that the case gives me.

You might want to get it and see if you want/need a case. If not for running, I probably wouldn't use mine.

CJM

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
as much as i'd hate a case i must get one too... i already broke my ipod... luckily apple replaced it within 2 days

i personally am thinking of this case because it protects the back from scratches, etc and also leaves the button/screen accessable

my only problem is it doesnt look as cool as the ipod but then again that's what i'm trying to preserve!

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
okay looks good but does it have openings for the headphone jack the front buttons..so that while its in the case you can mess with it? im not sure if the one i have pictured here does have this abiltiy..havent checked. is there any that do..and clear? im not into the ones that dont let the beauty of the ipod show. thier bogus and hinder the unique visual apects of the ipod. my preference is for beauty and usability. not usability over beauty. im picky i want both.

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida

bond2

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2002
Ohio
San Francisco Bags

SF Bags --for your iPod

Check out San Francisco Bags..aka Waterfell Designs. I bought the deluxe iPod case there and i love it. I really shopped around and this was the coolest case I found. Go check it out.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
WHERES THE POWERPOD?

okay the mac products are basically divided into 2 lines ( correct me if im wrong)...

you got the i Line and the Power line...

you got iBooks n iMacs on one side and on the other its Powerbooks and PowerMacs on the other side...

sooo if you have the iPod shouldnt you have the Powerpod?

WHERES THE POWERPOD?

Jookbox

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2002
the clear one looks good. preferably i wouldn't want a case, but for something so expensive and delicate, it's worthwhile. i have an expensive portable minidisc player, and it's all scratched up from years of use.