Question for all of you...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mthao00, Jun 6, 2008.

1. mthao00 macrumors member

Do you think Apple will provide a discount for current iPhone users (something like $100-$150) off the next generation iPhone? I'm guessing a big fat NO. Oh well, I'm just wondering and looking for opinions. It'll be nice for us current users (locked and with AT&T).

:apple: mT

2. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

Only if they do some exchange program where you'll give them your old iPhone for recycling or something...

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

The unwritten laws of capitalism favor the acquisition of new customers over the retention of existing customers.

4. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Gotta love that philosophy.

Screw the people who are already giving you money. Find the ones who aren't and try to get them to start. Cable companies and cell phone companies have mastered this art. :rolleyes:

I do wish they would have some sort of trade in program. I'd get the new one on launch day for sure if that was the case. As it is, I'm in sort of wait-and-see kind of mode. Depending on features, cost, ability to sell mine, etc.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

How would introducing a new prodct "screw the existing customer"? That is simply not true.

If you want a new one, sell the old one, and buy the new one. Simple as that.

6. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

I never said that. Please don't put words into my mouth. I made no reference to a new product release screwing the customer.

Maybe I should have split the post into two more distinct sections to make it clearer.

The first part was in reference to the quoted text. The general unwritten philosophy of capitalism that dacreativeguy spoke of. Kinda like how cable companies will give incentives for new customers (discounts, free movie channels for 3 months, etc), but those who have been with them for years receive nothing to encourage them to stay or reward them for loyalty. :(

The second part was back to the iPhone. I'm not sure what Apple/AT&T would stand to gain from trade ins, but if there was a way they could resell or reuse the used phone, it would be a brilliant way to push more products and in the end make more money.