Question for any Wordpress experts (about category menu)

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by torndownunit, Jun 29, 2010.

1. torndownunit macrumors regular

Hey guys. I was looking around for options to create a folding menu for the category menu of Wordpress.

The theme I am using for a site uses the categories as a "Product List". See sample here: http://dvsecurity.ca/wordpress/?page_id=13

The template options have an area for the Products List sidebar, and I tried to add Focal to it which is a folding menu plug-in. It worked quite well, but the problem is it created 2 menus. The Focal one looked and worked great, but the old menu still stays there.

Unfortunately I can't see to get a quick reply from the theme developer so I am checking if anyone here would have any clue how to help. I basically want to disable that old menu and just have the Focal one show up.

If it would help to turn on the Focal menu so you can see what it looks like with both activated, let me know.

Thanks for any help.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Is the Focal plug-in just a JavaScript file added, or is there a PHP component that you setup?

3. torndownunit thread starter macrumors regular

All it is is a plug-in which shows up as a widget. You drag the Focal widget to the sidebar in the widgets area.