Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I currently own an iPod touch 2gen with a service plan which expires next month. About a month ago, I went into my local BB to try to get a replacement due to battery issues. The young lady was going to upgrade it for me but at the time I didn't have the money for the upgrade--the new touch is about a $100 extra w upgrade--so I told her I would return another day.

When I return a few weeks later, I get a different person and shes offering to have Geek Squad send it to Apple and have them send me a refurb model. I try to state my case that I was offer an upgrade the last time I visited, but both the girl and the Geek rep were rude.

So, my question is, is there anything I can do or say to get an upgrade?

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
I'd say the onus is on you -- when you're offered a good deal - TAKE IT.

Although, she might not have known what she was doing, and when a 'supervisor' found out, it might have been stopped anyway.

Cos to me - that sounds a little too good to be true. The refurbished offer sounds much more plausible. And I might add -- certainly fair to you.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Yes I agree with you. Sounds like the BB employee didn't know what she was talking about and you may have scored if you would have jumped at the moment. I have found many BB employees lacking in knowledge especially in the Apple dept. Then again, I heard an employee at an Apple store giving out clearly bogus information on the iPod Touch. I wouldn't try to get something for nothing if I were you. There is nothing wrong with a refurb unit. Apple doesn't send them out defective. They are every bit as enjoyable as a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.