Question For AutoCAD and Bootcamp on rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mobile-caffeine, Jun 26, 2012.

1. mobile-caffeine macrumors member

I read Anandtech's review on the rMBP and he had an interesting part about what is handled by the CPU and the GPU when it comes to certain content on the screen. I ordered the stock 2.3 rMBP but I don't mind upgrading to the stock 2.6. Can anyone tell me if 2D drawings in AutoCAD are handled by the CPU or the GPU when drawing objects, panning and zooming within the drawing? I'm not doing any rendering or 3D work. Both models have the same GPU so it boils down to the CPU being enough if it's the workhorse for AutoCAD.

Also, has anybody put Bootcamp on their rMBP? How much space does OSX take up straight out of the box? I'm curious how much hard drive space would be left after just having OSX and a 60GB partition for Windows on a 256GB hard drive.

That is all

2. stevelam macrumors 65816

i cant see why either of them would be an issue for autocad especially without rendering. its just that the mac version of autocad has way less features than the windows version.

3. mobile-caffeine thread starter macrumors member

Exactly! Unfortunately, that's why I need a small partition for Windows. That's the only thing I need Windows for, to be more productive in AutoCAD.