Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Be3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hi all,

I'm thinking about buying a BenQ monitor, probably a 4K 32" model like the PD3200U. I can see it offers picture-in-picture mode with three different sizes available for the PIP ‘window’, but what I can't find out anywhere is what those different sizes look like! I'm thinking that what I'd ideally like to be able to do is use a large PIP window for interacting quickly with a second computer (e.g. checking e-mails) so the window needs to be big enough for me to see what I'm doing. Would anyone be so kind as to maybe take a quick photo of a BenQ with PIP (preferably set to large) so I could see what it looks like?

Thanks!

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
I had an older version (BL3201) and when the main picture was 4K and then PiP was enabled, the quality of the whole image would degrade slightly but noticeably.

Might just have been an issue with that older model though.

Be3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
That's useful to know, thanks – PiP is talked about so rarely in reviews etc. that I would probably never have learnt of that issue otherwise. Hopefully though as you say, something that might have been fixed in newer models.

Are you able to guess at all how big the PiP window was perchance?

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
IIRC at its largest it was maybe a third of the total screen area. Should be usable enough for a maximised email app.

Be3G

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
That's great to know, thanks. I was hoping for a minimum of something like half-length and half-height (i.e. 16", a quarter of the total screen area) so that sounds perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.