Question for BT MightyMouse Owners

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by e.m., Jun 28, 2007.

1. e.m. macrumors 6502

I just got the BT MightyMouse (I used to own one, but it was defective, so I returned it and got a MX Revolution. Now the MX just died on me, so I got a new BT MM).

Every so often, the cursor lags and it's very slow. Sometimes, it doesn't register any movements/clicks at all. These problems seem to happen when the Mac wakes from sleep, or when I've been away from it for quite some time (without the Mac going to sleep). But the tricky thing is that it doesn't always happen after waking from sleep or being away from the Mac for a while. As long as I am working with the mouse/Mac continuously, there are no problems.

When these problems happen, sometimes the mouse starts to work after moving around the cursor on my MacBook, and other times it requires a off/on cycle of the MightyMouse.

Do any of you that own the BT MM have similar issues? I am just wondering because I have about 5 days left until I can exchange it. Although it's annoying, I think I can live with this "issue," since it doesn't go bezerk while I'm working on the Mac. But if it seems that I'm the only one having these problems, maybe I should exchange it for a new one... Please share your experience with me.

MacBook C2D 2.16
    Apple BT keyboard & Sony Ericsson W810i connected via BT in addition to the mouse.

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

I have a BT Apple Mighty Mouse and it functions perfectly so far. I think I would exchange yours for a new one. :)

3. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

I have experience lagging and not registering mouse clicks, though that was because my Mac's bluetooth module was attached to the wrong aerial (Mac Pro), and not the MM.

I also experience similar problems occasionally when I connect my bluetooth graphics tablet, though turning the mouse off and on sorts it out (the same also occasionally happens to my tablet when I connect the MM).

Personally I would exchange it. Especially if the first one you owned didn't experience the same problems.

4. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I have similar problems of intermittent lag with my BT MM when my Mac wakes from sleep. It doesn't happen often, though, and simply turning it off and back on usually fixes the problem, so I'm not too worried about it.

5. e.m. thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies, everyone.

I'm going to try using the mouse/mac without my phone connected to it for a couple days to see if that makes any difference.

6. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

Yea I've had similarl issues.. randomly and rarely, but when lagging or non-registering of mouse clicks occurs I just have to turnt he mouse on and off and it goes away. Yea, kind of annoying but not the worst issue to have.

7. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

I have the BT keyboard and mouse and so far (4 months) both have been faultless. I even use the keyboard for gaming. Oh yeah, i haven't even changed the batteries yet and that also is amazing.:)

8. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I've been using a BT Keyboard and BT MM at work with my Mini for ten months now and I have never had a problem. I've only have to replace the batteries in the MM once, but that was after about eight months of use.

I would try to exchange it if I could, it doesn't seem normal to have that kind of lag, unless you have a BT problem on your machine.

9. e.m. thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all your help. Got more questions, and maybe an answer...

Do any of you that haven't had any problems with the mouse have anything else (besides a keyboard) connected to your Mac via bluetooth at the same time? The fact that Dark Dragoon has problems sometimes when the BT tablet is connected made me think that maybe it's my phone.

I have an Apple keyboard and my phone connected usually. The phone is connected at all times through Salling Clicker (for caller ID, iTunes and VLC remote, check email, etc), and not just "sometimes" like when I'm syncing. Yesterday, I turned bluetooth off on my phone for the whole day, and mouse showed no lag or any other problems.

Although my method is very un-scientific, I'm suspecting the mouse has problems when the phone is trying to connect to the Mac. The mouse problems only occur when a) I've been away from the Mac, or b) Mac waking from sleep, which are ususally the same times the phone and Mac reconnects to each other (since my phone is usually in my pocket, they reconnect when I physically come back to the Mac, whether or not Mac was asleep or not).

What do you guys think?