Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonfisk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
France
I will buy a macbook before this weekend, and probably the new ilife will not be out till then ... so sad. I remember people mentioned here that if a machine is bought certain days before the release of a new OSX system, he could later claim the new operating system at tiny cost -- would this also be true for ilife, which similarly comes preinstalled in a macbook just like the system? Anybody help me with this? Thanks!

By the way, my friend here in France ordered a standard black macbook from apple.fr last week, but has not yet received the machine till now. Since on the site it says ship in 24 hours, how come it could be so long to wait? Could it be a guess that the machine is waiting for a new ilife? :rolleyes:

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Yes it would normally be iLife to. The way it normally works is that if you buy a new product on the day the shipping date is announced or later you can pay postage (normally around £10 - £15) to get the updates. As there are no shipping dates announced yet you would not qualify for this unless Apple announce a different policy this year.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
By the way, my friend here in France ordered a standard black macbook from apple.fr last week, but has not yet received the machine till now. Since on the site it says ship in 24 hours, how come it could be so long to wait? Could it be a guess that the machine is waiting for a new ilife? :rolleyes:

There is a shipping date and a build date.

Shipping is usually within 24 hours of the product being built which can vary.

e.g. it may take a week to build it and then it is shipped within 24 hours. So it could be upto and beyond 2 weeks before you receive it.

If you are buying software and it says 24 hour shipping you can get it next day within reason. I have on a few occasions ordered something in the evening and received it the morning after.

tonfisk

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 29, 2005
France
Yes, however my friend did not customize the laptop at all -- she ordered the standard black book. I was guessing in that case the machine should be ready for shipping immediately. Maybe I was wrong?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.