Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlexH

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
I converted a friend of mine to Mac about a week ago, and she's really liking it thus far. She's using this Mac in a business, and it's a mixed OS environment. She wants a virus scanner on the Mac, mostly to protect the Windows machines. I loaded ClamXAV on the machine, and it seems to work fine, low on the resources, easy to use, etc.

My only question is this: to setup Sentry to scan emails, do I point it to the Mail folder, the account subfolder, or an actual .mbox folder? I know I can point it to the Mail folder an enable subfolder monitoring, but I want the most efficient method. Thanks!

Last edited:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Reason: Found the answer elsewhere. It's amazing, 700+ views here, and no answer!
If you found the answer, why not post it, to help the next person with this question? I think the lack of response may be partly due to the fact that many Mac users don't find a need to run 3rd party antivirus apps, therefore being unfamiliar with the settings in such apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.