Question for devs with the new 3.0 Aim Beta!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rob Mclovin, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Rob Mclovin macrumors 6502

Have they actually updated the app, or just put Push Notifications in it. In the current aim, it freezes for 2 seconds when you receive an IM, then goes normal. Does it still do this!?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've got the GM 3.0 and I can't even see the text that I'm typing BOX! No crashes, but I think it's pretty important that I be able to see what I'm typing during a CHAT!!! Looks like AIM is one of those apps that isn't totally up to speed with 3.0......:mad::mad::mad:

3. melllvar macrumors regular

4. Hambones macrumors member

Little off-topic here, but IMO I do not like the push feature with this app - as I've been testing it since they offered the push Beta.

I prefer the old method of closing the app and receiving text messages of the IMs. The reason why is because while the push notifications are great, loading up AIM everytime you receive a pushed IM is a PAIN. It was MUCH easier to receive an IM as a text message and be able to reply to the IM via text messages.

Getting a push, hitting "View" will load up AIM, it has to connect, etc - Unfortunately unless they do something I will still resort to the old method of text message notifications and not push.

Anyone else feel this way?

5. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

Yea, i noticed this bug too...

Just tap on the convo (above the keyboard, to make the keyboard disappear), you'll see your input text, tap that to being the keyboard up again, and there you go... a simple (although fixable) two step process....

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I tried that as well, but as you said "a two step process" but I kept typing the wrong letters or repeating letters by mistake, b/c I couldn't see them. Oh well, hopefully we'll see an AIM update soon......

7. joekun macrumors regular

Texts cost money, IMs are free, so I can put up with it.

8. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

A good percentage of people have unlimited texting.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

...which costs money...