Question for eMac geeks: eMac from 110V environment to 220V

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by cenutrio, Oct 6, 2008.

1. cenutrio macrumors newbie

Hello, I just brought 2 eMacs from the States to Europe (Spain), thus both machines are not "out of the box" ready to cope with the european 220V. I've googled searching for answers on and found this post. Apparently, removing a jumper does the trick just fine. My question is which one, because there's two jumpers in that region of the motherboard. See images:

I have taken some images (sorry, with my cellular), I wonder which of the two jumpers has to be removed, the one with two lines (as shown in the picture), or the other one (single cable) in the left-bellow.

Let me know, pls. Thanks a bunch in advance.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cenutrio thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, after reading this manual, I removed the double jumper. Fired the machine and everything was working great with OS X almost loaded. Then, a thick white smoke started coming out. I unplugged the fastest I could.

Any inputs?

I think I ruined the crt tube, but opened the hatch and no apparent signs of fire, very weird.

cheers.

3. ickystay macrumors regular

4. cenutrio thread starter macrumors newbie

No, this machine has no LHR, it is very clear.

Very weird, really. I cannot find any signs of what created the thick white smoke, and of course I`m reluctant to turn it on again.... any tips?