Question for everyone about purchase.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by junglesnake, Apr 10, 2016.

1. junglesnake macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I got a chance to buy a Apple Watch 42mm Space Black Stainless Steel Case in the box unopened from bestbuy because of a mistake they made on a purchase for $400. Is this a good buy at the moment or even period?
    Please give a watch newbie some advice or suggestions!
    Thanks everyone.

2. tom504 macrumors regular

tom504

3. Hankkk macrumors regular

4. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

seeing as the 42mm sport is $350.00 then id say good price. ofcourse next year will tell. you know apple will have a apple watch 2. i cant see where stainless verses aluminum is worth the difference they charge, there isnt really much material in either. maybe Christmas will see the 42mm stainless as low as $300.00. as everything apple is drops in price pretty quick, look at the iphone 5s, people were getting $1000.00 at first. i got mine for $1.00 with renewing my verizon contract.

5. junglesnake thread starter macrumors 6502

junglesnake

Very true but damn it looks better. And if it only drops a hundred bucks I could live with that.

6. gigaguy macrumors 65816

The SS Space Black is nice looking and better finish but the high gloss makes it look bigger and flashier to me and the heavier weight I really felt. I personally prefer the lighter, less flashy Sport Gray but the Space Black is sharp.. In a few months it will be the old model so if value is important consider that. It's a good price compared to the orig retail price for sure and depends on the band with it, if the link bracelet for sure it's a steal but it's probably the Sport band..

7. bambooshots macrumors 6502a

If it's like new it's a really good price. Got mine for 499.99 and that was from the $100 off  Watches sale.

8. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Buy it!!

9. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Paid $500 for my 42mm Space Black. $400 is an amazing price.

10. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

theres no telling where apple is going to go with there watch. think of it like the iphone. iphone 3 to iphone 6, big difference. ill pick up a sport for under $300.00. if it last long enough then i should get a apple watch 2. dont get me wrong, a $50.00 difference between sport and stainless is a no brainer. so you absolutely got a smoking deal.

11. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

If you read the "experts" with the best track record, the next version of the Apple Watch will be similar to the off years with the iPhone. By this summer or more than likely the fall, the next Apple Watch will be an "s" version that looks identical to the current version with only internal improvements. The rumored thinner version will probably be next year.
    Definitely not my opinion as I wouldn't have a clue, but the most accurate "experts" say that the next upgrade will be minor changes. Maybe independent wi-fi but not thinner.

If true, and I think it is, buying now is still a great option - especially if you wait for B&H to offer their great deals.

12. Nightrich macrumors regular

Nightrich

That is a really good deal. I had the opportunity to by a silver aluminum AWS on craigslist over the weekend for $175 but ultimately passed on it because the owner did not have apple care on it and I wouldn't be able to add it on at this point. But if I had the opportunity to make the purchase your inquiring about I probably would have. Especially since we don't really know when gen 2 will be announced despite rumors.

13. junglesnake thread starter macrumors 6502

junglesnake

I actually went and checked it out again and passed just because of the sport strap. I ruined it for me and paying 150 for a good strap was crazy to me. Plus I found it to be just an extension of my phone which never leaves my pocket so I couldn't justify it. It was a beautiful case though!