Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

I just got the 64gb 3g version from att for 529. It is still in the box.

Is there a difference in speed between the iphone and the ipad. In terms of loading/playing video in netflix, reloading websites, open applications.

I am happy with my iphone 4 performnca so i would not want the ipad to be any slower.

If not i just give the 1 to my wife and get myself the 2

zepharus

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2007
None. In fact your ipad will seem even a bit snappier with opening some items as the A4 runs at a full 1Ghz. The only thing you might not like is the checker boarding when opening web pages due to the 256MB limitation on mem of the ipad. If you have a choice give the wife 1 and get 2

I have both...

WindowsTraitor

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
None. In fact your ipad will seem even a bit snappier with opening some items as the A4 runs at a full 1Ghz. The only thing you might not like is the checker boarding when opening web pages due to the 256MB limitation on mem of the ipad. If you have a choice give the wife 1 and get 2

I have both...

Got to test it Now and you are right. No much difference. It still has version 3. Something, but I will not update to 4.3 yet.

The only thing is the screen resolution. I am glad I did not get the iPad 2 and saved 300$.

A retina display will push me to get the replacement. For now this is more than eneogh. From iPad 1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.