Question for iPhone 6/6+ Users on Rogers (Canada)

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by xero9, Oct 23, 2015.

1. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Not sure how many of you on here are in Canada, but this seems like a good place to ask.

For those that have upgraded to iOS 9.1, do any of you have VoLTE working? You can tell by placing a call and look to see if it switches to 3G or not. Alternatively, if you go into Settings -> Cellular, there will be an 'Enable LTE' menu you can go into. If it says 'Voice & Data - LTE' then you're in the same boat as me.

Their tier 2 support says the 6 is compatible, but so far I can only find people who are on the 6s/6s+ that have gotten it to work.

Thanks guys!

2. Sonnto macrumors member

Sonnto

I have it on LTE but it uses 3G too. So I guess it doesn't work for me.

3. GP-SE macrumors 6502

I have a 6s, my wife a 6. Both on Rogers, I get VoLTE, her iPhone 6 doesn't. So it looks like Rogers hasn't enabled it yet for the 6.

4. xero9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I recognize your handle from another site and I'm wondering if you're the person who has a 6s and a 6 and neither worked at first.

Either way, this is not looking good for the 6/6+ :/

5. GP-SE macrumors 6502

Yes at first wifi calling wouldn't work for either phone, the problem was my router, after I enabled VPN on my router wifi calling worked. Rogers will enable VoLTE on the 6 also, just not right away, give it a few days/weeks. They wanna get it right on the 6s first, then will enable it on the 6 if no problems show up.

6. Ipadlover29, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015

Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

7. xero9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope you're right!

That is a little dated now. If you go to http://www.rogers.com/volte you'll see they list a few more handsets (which still isn't updated for the iPhone 6s). They did launch with the LG G3 Vigor though and it stayed that way for a while.