Question for iPhone emulator gamers

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Johnny Quest, May 18, 2011.

1. Johnny Quest macrumors newbie

Hope discussion about emulation and ROMs is acceptable here...

Anyway, I've been playing around with the different video game emulators available in the Cydia store lately, and it's pretty awesome to have all those old games on my iPhone to play anytime I want.

I've been having an issue with some of the Super Nintendo games in particular though. A few different SNES games (Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, some others) feature a control scheme where one has to hold down the Y button to run. With the iPhone's lack of physical buttons, this ends up being a huge pain, and I've found that playing these games is almost impossible.

I'm wondering if there's any way to map a special controller with any of the SNES emulators and if anyone has ever played around with this. Perhaps the buttons could be mapped so that the Y button is on top of the left and right buttons on the control pad and is automatically pressed when moving your character? Something like this would make playing these games on the iPhone much more enjoyable.

2. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

This isnt the apple support forums man. We talk about jail breaking and all that all the time. I dont see why this topic would be an issue.