Question for iPhone guys!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nolesfan, Jun 1, 2010.

1. nolesfan macrumors regular

I have been with verizon for several years now and last month I received a phone call from them telling me that they would no longer be able to be my provider because of my location in the middle of no where Kansas and that the towers I am currently using are not going to be updated! So I was given 30 days to move my service to another provider so I chose AT&T because of the iPhone since I already have one.

2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

You're on day 28 of 30? Return the phone ASAP, before you have to pay the AT&T cancellation fee ($300+). Then, go a week without a phone. WWDC is in five days, most likely they're going to announce a new iPhone. I'd say that it's worth returning the phone to Apple and wait 'til the new one comes out.

Maybe get a cheap phone to hold you over in the meantime.

3. plusonechoi macrumors member

4. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

You're asking us if the iPhone will be updated in two days when the event that announces the new iPhone is in six days?

But seriously, just return it and wait it out or something. Get a cheap pay-as-you-go phone.

5. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

I thought Verizon was plugging the holes, not letting them get bigger.

6. nolesfan thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry guys, you miss understood me. I'm on day 28 with verizon.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you ordered a 3GS now keep it for a few weeks and then hopefully you can return it and upgrade to the new one.
    It should be out in less than a month.

8. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

Cancel the order. Port your number over to ATT on the cheapest phone they have (I think it's $30) that doesn't require you to forfeit your subsidy eligibility. Or just got a pay as you go phone for the next week or so.