question for iphone users that left at&t

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by frunkis54, Jan 11, 2011.

1. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

My question is only for the previous iphone users that left at&t to go to verizon. If you currently have a some sort of driod are you gonna stay with your droid? get the upcoming 4g droid when its released? or get the verizon iphone?

I for one like all the features the iphone has over the Droid. the only thing that comes to mind that i'll miss is custom text notifications.

Last year i when i had my iphone i remember not being able to automatically import facebook phone numbers in your contacts. has that changed?
    if not i will also miss that?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

*** queue sound of crickets chirping ***

3. jacollins macrumors 6502a

I'd say that answers the question. :)

4. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

i figured i wouldn't get much response. oh well

5. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Yes that has changed, you can import contacts from Facebook now.

Edit: it's not automatic (as far as I can tell) but it just takes a simple click in the Facebook app. Does android do it automatically?

6. shadrap macrumors 6502

I went from the iphone 4 to the Evo because of the dropped calls. Now that its coming to Verizon I will be making the switch. iOS just works as it should and as expected.

7. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

Well I didn't switch from at&t for a droid...I'm a longtime VZ customer that refused to switch and got an original Droid on a 1 year contract as a placeholder for the iPhone...I can't wait to get rid of it. Sure android has somethings iPhone doesnt...but even on froyo...it's just not nearly as polished, responsive, accurate, easy, crappy apps...the whole user experience is just second rate.

The only things I'll truly miss are gmail integration and notifications. I suspect we will see a big revamp of notifications on iOS 5 though.

8. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

I moved about 4 months ago and the area where I moved had really spotty AT&T coverage, especially at my house, I dropped so many calls. So I switched to verizon and tried out quite a few different droid phones. I settled with the droid incredible and bought one on ebay so I wouldn't have to get into a contract.

While the notifications and gmail integration are very nice (as mentioned by MarlboroLite) I absolutely cannot wait to get back to iOS. February cannot come soon enough!

9. frunkis54 thread starter macrumors 65816

frunkis54

On the droid once i put my facebook info into the notification settings it populated all my contacts with my facebook friends and if they had a phone listed it put that in also.

i am excited to have a iphone once again :)

10. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I left the iPhone from At&t to go to Verizon because I got tired of dropped calls, spotty service, and a 2gb data plan that I went over a few times.

I got the Droid X, and while I was happy for a while, I kept missing my iphone. I almost went out and bought an iPod touch because I missed it so, but then I heard the rumour that Verizon was getting the iphone so I waited.

With the droid x I could use facebook in my contacts but I didn't want all these people in there I didn't ever call so I disabled it. I also miss the apps the iphone has. Android has the crappiest app store especially their games. Also the iphone just runs so much better that the droid cannot compare. I still have to pull my battery out every once in a while on my droid x and the other day my phone froze up when I was trying to answer a phone call. I never had problems like that with the iphone.