Question for Italian members :)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sethy, Jul 27, 2008.

1. sethy macrumors newbie

hey,
    so I was wondering if there are any Italian mambers at MacRumors... I'll be there on vacation in september so I'm thinking about buying an iPhone there.
    I know that in Italy the iPhone is sold as Pay2Go from Tim and Vodafone.
    Do both providers sell them unlocked? What do I need, an ID should be enough, right? Is the iPhone only available in TIM/Vodafone stores or can I buy one in an EP Peer? And the most important question - are there any iPhones or are all stores sold out?
    I hope someone can help me :) Bye and thanks in advance :)

2. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

by Italian law, you need an address to register the handset to - have a friend the lives there?

not sure if the credit card used to pay has to have the same billing address

3. sethy thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, do I need an Italian address? Usually you can also register with an foreign address, at least in other countries. I have an valid German Id, and I know that, at least in Switzerland that would be enough to buy/register a Pay2Go phone. A lot of people that stay in another country for some time buy a phone there, so it should be possible I think and hope :)
    And I'd buy a Pay2Go, so I wouldn't need a bank account or anything, just pay the iPhone cash, register with my German Id and take the iPhone home and take the simcard out and put my own in :)

Does anyone know for sure what is needed to register a Pay2Go iPhone in Italy?

4. yoadmike macrumors newbie

I'm Not Italian , But From What I know From Couple Of My Friends Who have been There Recently and Bought Iphones .. they just went Into Tim Mobile Store Asked For 16GB Black Iphone Paid In Cash (For Some Reason they Only Accepted Cash) and that's it .. for 550 euros they got 16GB Iphone 3G ..no question Asked No Id And No Signing On Any Paper .. they did get 2 year warranty written in Italian .
    If I only had someone who is going there i'll be happy to get one for myself :(

5. mitico macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

you need the money that's all. 499 euros for the 8g and 569 for the 16g. Tim has more avaliability. They are unlocked