Question for Keynote users

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jc0481, Aug 15, 2007.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Regarding the new Keynote '08 software. When I make a Keynote presentation does it convert to a powerpoint format 100% or not. Also if it does not convert 100% to a powerpoint format what sort of stuff won't convert. I hope all the effecs and transitions makes it over to powerpoint. I just want to share powerpoint files with my family. Thank you

2. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Many of the transitions and things like smartbuilds do NOT make it over. The "flat graphics" - stuff you draw using the various tools - does transfer.

3. millap macrumors regular

If the people you intend to share the presentation with don't need the ability to edit the presentation in any way, then you could export it as a Quicktime movie instead. This would preserve all of your transitions, builds and special effects etc... and it should play back on any PC or Mac that has Quicktime installed.

4. jc0481 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you

Thank you for the quick replies. Never thought about Quicktime. I will go that route instead. Thanks again

5. mikedemana macrumors newbie

I created a Keynote presentation with hyperlinks and a fair number of action builds, animated graphics and video and sound clips. I set it up for most of the transitions between slides to occur automatically. For example, the viewer would click on a graphic, which would animate, which would trigger the playing of a video clip. The end of the video clip would then automatically transition to the designated slide.

My problem was that sometimes it worked like a charm. Other times, it seemed to get caught in a loop, transitioning to the wrong slide.

Has anyone else had this problem with automatic transitions between slides? Is there an easy way to designate for a slide to end upon an action and to equally designate which slide in the presentation for it to transition to next. I am using Keynote 4.0.3. By the way, This is not a linear presentation, with choices the viewer makes deciding which slide appears next.

Thanks,
    Mike Demana
    www.worldwidemike.com