question for logic pro users

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by preppyclubguy, Apr 28, 2010.

1. preppyclubguy macrumors member

I have a imac 24 3.06 with 4 gig of ram, 1 tb internal hd, running snow leopard and logic pro 9.1.1 ,apogee duet

when i open logic it takes atleast 2 min to initialize, is that normal? it seems to take forever when the scan is scanning exs instruments.

alos i have been having allot of slow disk error messages any idea why its doing it with a new project with only 4 sample waves loaded. please help cause this all started with the upgrade to snow leopard.

last but not least with what i stated before im running logic in 32bit would it run better in 64bit(although i use allot of 3rd party 32bit plugins)

2. Aniday macrumors regular

Well that's really weird because Logic runs amazingly on my late 2008 Macbook Pro. Definitely not normal for you to be having those kinds of issues.

3. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

4. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

did you do a clean install of SL? Have you got anything else running? Did you upgrade from 7 to 8 do do it fresh

I've read users not clean installing having issues. My advise for any serious logic nerd is to do a clean install and install logic 8. No upgrades.

5. ChrisA macrumors G4

It takes a lot time because you have many plugins. Logic will read every one of those. But really how often do yo start up Logic. One a day or less frequently I'd assume. Those who claim it starts up quickly for them I bet don't have any 3rd party plug ins

6. Aniday macrumors regular

That's very true. Having their party plug ins increase Logic boot up time a lot. I try not to get too carried away with plug ins unless they're really worth it.

7. seisend macrumors 6502a

seisend

I had some problem with EXS Instruments once too. All I did is moved the EXS Instrument Library Folder out of his destination. Repaired HDD permissions with the disk utility and moved the folder back into his original destination. Maybe this could help you too.

I have big external librarys and many plug-ins installed. My Logic Pro 9 starts pretty fast. I'd say 20 seconds. So I'm not sure if that should be the case because you seem to have a pretty good Mac. But again, if you don't have much Free HDD space left, it could really slow down your mac.

8. preppyclubguy thread starter macrumors member

thanks for all the replys, to answer a few questions, i just upgraded my osx i didnt clean install cause of fear of loosing 3rd party plugins, i have a 1tb internal hd in wich 775 is unused.

back to the remove exs folder and repair permissions i know exs is stored in many places wich folder are you talking bout

9. preppyclubguy thread starter macrumors member

it is also slow when loading the loop browser