Question for Logitech MX Revolution mouse users - button surface

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zen, Aug 4, 2009.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Something I can't quite see in photos, and people don't mention in reviews - what is the button surface like on the Logitech MX Revolution? Is it smooth, or textured?

I'm asking because I have sensitive fingertips, and currently use a Logitech MX518, which has a smooth button surface.

I was sent a Logitech G5 once and had to stop using it after a while as the buttons have a rough, textured surface for grip during gaming (I suppose). I found the surface far too harsh on my fingertips.

I don't need a completely shiny/gloss button surface, but just a "regular" one. How does the MX Revolution compare in this regard? It seems to be the best wireless mouse available, but I don't want to buy it only to find the surface too rough.

2. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Its really smooth, the wheels have a kind of grip on them, but i dont think its to much to care about.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

Buy a Mighty Mouse. It has a smooth surface.

I had posted this originally but my post had disappeared:mad:

4. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

@PhixionFilms - Thanks! The grip on the wheels isn't a problem, so long as the mouse buttons are smooth.

@geoffreak - I'll pass on the Mighty Mouse. I used a wired one for a while that came with my iMac, but developed wrist problems inside a month. Bought a second iMac and it went straight into the trash. Logitech make the best mice, end of :cool:

5. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

As much as I don't like Microsoft, they make some good mice.
    I love my MM though ;)

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would never go back to a Mighty Mouse. To the OP, it's smooth, but features some plastic as well as some rubber for grip. Like it's been said above, the buttons features a grip.

7. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Back to the original question...the two main mouse buttons on the MX are smooth (to my touch anyway).

8. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Thanks for the responses everyone! Sounds like the MX is the mouse for me, and should be a nice upgrade from the MX518.

I know there are a lot of MM fans on these forums, but I am never touching a MM again, ever! Comfort and carpal tunnel syndrome reasons aside, not being able to depress the left and right buttons at the same time makes it impossible to use in gaming.