Question for long term iPhone 5 lifeproof users.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ta0jin, May 20, 2013.

1. Ta0jin macrumors 6502a

I'm looking into getting the lifeproof fre for the beach this summer and I was curious, has anyone had any issues with the case scratching, dents, marks of any sort on their iPhone 5 over prolonged use? I apologize if this thread has already been discussed.

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I had the Lifeproof case for my iPhone 4, and when I traded in my iPhone 4 to buy an iPhone 5, there was not ONE mark on my phone. It looked brand new. The ONLY thing I HATED about the Lifeproof case was that the rubber lip that surrounds the screen, always seem to rip, I would wind up ripping it further to keep both sides even. Eventually the screen had no lay on the table design because the lip came off all the way around the case making it unusable in the water. That's not cool for a $70 case.

I have since switched to the Seidio Obex, and don't have any issues.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

You could always get a Otterbox Armor case but it is much bulkier.
    OtterBox Armor Series Waterproof Case for iPhone 5 - Electric Orange
    http://amzn.com/B00B59NKRK

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

4. maliu macrumors 6502a

5. Ta0jin thread starter macrumors 6502a

I could but I like the thinness of the life proof and I heard the sound on the life proof was way better than the atlas. If the armor wasn't as bulky it would be perfect.

6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

But a car can run over it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

7. Ta0jin thread starter macrumors 6502a

You do got me there lol touché

8. imrwipemedown macrumors newbie

I've tried the lifeproof, Obex, and returned them both within a week. Now I have the Griffin survivor + catalyst, and it is amazing. Best one by far, and much better than the issues I am hearing about the atlas. I would never take my Obex in the water, I did not trust the seal for the silent switch and the headphone port, both would come out way too easily. I have had the griffin for a week and love it.